This recipe was so good and even our boys liked it. Brett and I both thought it tasted like something you would get at Macaroni Grill or Carraba's, but it was also really easy to make. A friend from work had a link on her blog to it on this blog.
6 cups cooked farfalle pasta
2 Tbs - 1/2 cup butter (as much or as little as you'd like--I used 1/4 c. and that was good)
3 cloves garlic, minced (I used the already minced garlic you find in the jar near the seasonings in the baking aisle, 1 tsp. of that = 1 clove minced)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut or shredded into bite-size pieces
Approx 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained* (the person I got the recipe from suggests putting them in a food processor with a little bit of milk instead of using them whole and I think I will do this next time, but this time I chopped them up as much as I could)
4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese (I used shredded parmesan cheese because that's what I had and that worked well)
First, start boiling chicken until cooked through, then shred when done. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook farfalle pasta until al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic cloves and cook until garlic browns. Add the cream of chicken soup and milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in the dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken pieces and hydrated sun dried tomatoes. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Mix in grated Romano cheese. Toss cooked and drained pasta with sauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment