I don't know if anyone even checks this blog anymore, but I thought I'd keep sharing and it is also nice to have all the recipes I use so often all in one place. I made these rolls for Thanksgiving. I have never made any rolls besides the frozen or in the tube kind. I love homemade rolls and I loved this recipe. The best part is that since they make so many you can freeze them and bake them later. I got this recipe from the Taste of Home Fall 2009 magazine.
2 pkg. (1/4 oz. each) active dry yeast
1/3 c. warm water (110-115 degrees)
9 c. all purpose flour, divided
2 c. warm milk (110-115 degrees)
1 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
6 eggs
2 tsp. salt
3-4 T. butter, melted
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add 4 cups flour, milk, shortening, sugar, eggs and salt; beat for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead lightly. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours. Punch dough down; divided into four equal parts. Roll each into a 9 inch circle and brush with butter. Cut each circle into eight pie-shaped wedges; roll up each wedge from wide edge to tip of dough and pinch to seal. Place rolls with tip down on baking sheets. At this point you can either allow them rise until double in size and then bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or you can freeze them for later baking. To freeze place the rolls with the tip down on baking sheets and place them in the freezer. Once frozen place them in Ziploc Freezer bags and seal. When you are ready to bake them allow them to unthaw for about 5 hours or until double in size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment