6.29.2010

{hot fudge sundae cake}

This was one of our absolute favorite desserts in my family growing up and now Brett and the kids love when I make it. I made this for Fathers Day and Brett asked me if I had put this on here. I thought I had, but I couldn't find it anywhere. It is super simple to make and so good. You have to try it.

1 c. flour
¾ c. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ c.milk
2 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1 c. brown sugar
¼ c. cocoa
2 c. HOT water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In an ungreased 9x13 pan combine 1 c. flour, ¾ c. white sugar, 2 Tbsp. cocoa, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Then mix in oil, vanilla, and milk with a fork until smooth. Stir in nuts if desired. Smooth out batter in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and ¼ c. cocoa. Pour 2 c. hot water over the top. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with ice cream. Spoon hot fudge sauce found underneath the cake on top of ice cream and cake.

No comments: