9.30.2009

{taco soup}

The temperature dropped about 45 degrees in one day so we really needed something warm today. I know everyone probably has a taco soup recipe but I thought I'd share this anyway. This is my favorite. I got this from my Aunt Gail in our Prestwich family recipe book.

1 lb. ground beef
1 chopped onion
8 oz. tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 quarts diced tomatoes
1 can whole kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can chili beans
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 pkg. taco seasoning

Brown ground beef with chopped onion. Combine in large pot with tomato sauce, water, tomatoes, beans, corn, green chilies, and taco seasoning. Do not drain anything. Simmer on low 2 hours on stove (can also be put in crock pot). Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

*I use ground turkey instead of beef in most of my recipes including this one. I usually use two cans of kidney beans. This makes a lot and is great to freeze and defrost for later last minute meals.

No comments: