1 jar spaghetti sauce of choice (or make your own)
½ - 1 lb meat of choice, cooked (optional; I don’t usually use meat)
1 box Jumbo Pasta Shells
CHEESE FILLING
2 lbs. ricotta or cottage cheese
½ lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
2 eggs
½ c. parmesan cheese, fresh & grated
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley
Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare pasta shells:
Bring water to boil in large pot.
Add pasta, then boil approx. 15 minutes.
Prepare cheese filling:
Beat eggs.
Add ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses.
Mix in seasonings.
Mix spaghetti sauce and meat together.
Using a large casserole dish, pour about ½ sauce mixture in bottom.
Stuff pasta shells with cheese filling and fill the dish with them.
Pour remaining sauce over the shells.
Cover with foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
Enjoy!
I got this recipe from my mom. I made it last month and it turned out delicious. I use ricotta cheese b/c it tastes so much better than cottage cheese. I think there was enough cheese filling for a second box of pasta shells. I made a second pan, and instead of baking it I froze it. Then we pulled it out the other day and baked it for dinner at 350 for about an hour and a half. It was still delicous and made for a great quick meal with no work!
2 comments:
Love this recipe. I have one like it and it is so easy. I make this at least once a month. I'll have to compare and see if they're similar.
I love this one! One of my favorites for years... Just made a HUGE pan of it for Sunday dinner... had the whole family over along with the Elders!! The Elders got leftovers and so did I...mmmmmm yummmmy!!
Meg in MO
Post a Comment