1 box chicken stuffing mix
2-3 large chicken breasts
1 bag frozen veggies (I prefer broccoli & cauliflower, but I use whatever is in the freezer and have liked the casserole every time)
1 10-oz can cream of chicken soup
1-2 cups shredded cheese (depending on how much you like)
In a 9x13 pan, sprinkle a handful of dried stuffing mix along the bottom (optional).
Bake chicken, then cut in small strips or cubes.
I spray a 9x13 pan, then place frozen breasts in pan. Then I sprinkle with season salt. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes when frozen. If thawed, bake for about 30 minutes.
Once chicken is done, set oven to 350 for casserole.
Cook frozen veggies (usually I just microwave these). Don’t let them get mushy because they will also be baking in the casserole later.
Cook stuffing mix according to package directions.
Once all ingredients are cooked, mix the vegetables, cubed chicken, and cream of chicken soup in pan. Spread evenly along the bottom.
Cover the mixture with cooked stuffing.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Cover with foil and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is hot.
I got this recipe from the back of the stuffing mix box. I have started reading chicken soup cans and other things for recipes and they are usually great! What I love about this recipe is you can use whatever veggies are in the freezer and it's always good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment