This recipe is from my mother-in-law, Kristen. It's delicious and easy - perfect combo. It's also one of Trav's favorites, so I make it a lot. I don't have exact measurements because I modify it a little each time I make it. You really can't go wrong with it, just make to your taste.
You'll need:
2-3 large chicken breasts, baked & chopped or shredded
1 bag frozen peas & carrots, cooked
1 family size can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise (approximately; I use 2 large spoonfuls)
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
a dash of curry powder
2 boxes Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry Shells (or crescent rolls, biscuits, etc)
Bake the chicken. I put it in a 9x13 pan, sprinkle season salt all over, cover with foil, and then bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. When done, chop or shred.
While the chicken is baking, cook the peas and carrots. Don't cook them too long, because you'll be heating them up again in the sauce.
Once the chicken is done, bake the pastry shells according to box directions. The shells are our favorite, but really you can use any kind of pastry or roll that you like.
In a saucepan, heat and mix the cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, chicken,and peas & carrots.
Add a dash of curry powder. If you really like the flavor, add more. If you don't like curry, just add a tiny bit.
Add milk. If you want thicker sauce, add only a small amount. If you like runnier sauce, add a little more.
Add pepper to taste. Heat the sauce until creamy and hot.
Pour sauce over baked pastry shells and serve.
Makes enough for approximately 5 adults; I usually bake 2 pastry shells per adult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shar, I'm so excited you posted this one. I can't wait to try it. It was really good when you've made it for us. Thanks for sharing it!
Post a Comment