5.17.2011

tuscan chicken wraps

I was a little nervous about these, but tried them anyway, and they were so good. It was nice to have something a little different. They are very flavorful and probably pretty healthy, aside from the cheese. And the best part is that it didn't take much time to make.

2 chicken breasts, cut into ½ -inch strips
1 7-oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1 inch strips
2 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. basil
½ t. salt
½ t. pepper

4 greek pita flatbreads
fresh spinach leaves
grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 425. Toss the chicken, roasted peppers, 1 T of the oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper together in a small casserole dish. Bake, uncovered just until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Leave the oven on to warm the pita.
Brush one side of each pita with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Heat them, oiled side down, directly on the oven racks until slightly crisp for about 1 minute. Add chicken mixture onto each pita, mozzarella, and spinach to taste. Fold in half or roll it up, and eat.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I made these for dinner tonight... With the weather warming up I didn't want to turn on the oven so I made them stove top!!

alterations: No pita bread so I used whole wheat tortillas. No fresh spinach... left it out. BUT I can see how it would make them even better!

Meg