3.04.2010

{crockpot chicken enchiladas}

I found this recipe here. This is a favorite of ours and I love how easy it is to make. I almost always have these ingredients on hand.

6-8 flour tortillas
2-3 chicken breasts (cooked and cut up in bite size pieces)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small can green chilies
1 c. sour cream
4-6 large handfuls grated Mexican blend cheese
optional add- ins: black beans, olives, enchilada sauce, salsa, whatever you wish

Spray a crock-pot with cooking spray and line with 2 flour tortillas so that the tortillas cover the sides and overlap on the bottom of the crock-pot. Next, mix the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and green chilies together and then layer that on top of the tortillas. Next layer chicken pieces, and then cheese. Add any extras you would like (beans, olives, etc.) into the layers. Follow with 2 tortillas overlapping on top. And then repeat your next layer. End with cheese. Add enchilada sauce here, if you choose to add that in. Cook in your crock-pot until cheese is melted, and tortillas are slightly crispy on the edges. Since your chicken has already been cooked, you can either cook on low for about 3 hours or high for about an hour or so. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I think we're doing this tonight. Seriously sounds sooo good and I D have all the ingredients. Thanks!

Meg said...

I make all my enchiladas like this now.. just layer the ingredients like lasagna.... Chicken, beef, and or the sour creams ones like this recipe...

YUM!!
Meg

Shar said...

i love this recipe and trav does too! he asks for it all the time. thanks so much steph! i'm thinking of you and missing you today.