1.01.2009

Banana Bread




From a Young Woman camp cookbook my mom has.


5 large bananas

4 well-beaten eggs

1 cup shortening

2 cups sugar

4 cups flour

2 tsp. soda

1 tsp. salt

1 cup chopped walnuts (yum! don’t leave these out)

Beat bananas until liquid (blender or mixer). Add eggs and mix thoroughly. In separate bowl, cream together shortening and sugar, then add banana and egg mixture; beat thoroughly. Add flour that has been sifted together with soda and salt. Then fold in nuts. Bake in well-greased and floured loaf pans at 250 degrees, 1 ½ - 2 hours. Makes 2 LARGE loaves or 4-5 small ones.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Annie, I am so excited about all your bread recipes. I love making bread, so I'm going to try all three. I saw the brunch on your blog and everything looked so good! Thanks for sharing these recipes.