This recipe is from this great cookbook that I have called Casseroles and One Dish meals. Everything I've ever made from this cookbook has been delicious.(I'm not that great of a cook, so that's saying a lot). I will be posting some more of these recipes very soon... I've used this recipe for a baby shower and for brunch after a blessing and its fairly easy to make.
4 oz. day-old French or Italian bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (4 cups)
1/3 cup raisins
1 pkg (3 oz) cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup maple flavored pancake syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Additional maple-flavored pancake syrup (optional)
1. Spray 11x7 inch baking dish withnonstick cookingspray. Place bread cubes in even layer in prepared dish; sprinkle raisins and cream cheese evenly over bread.
2. Beat eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium spped until blended. Add milk 1/2 cup pancake syrup and vanilla; mix well. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over strata.
4. Bake, uncovered 40 to 45 min. or until puffed, golden brown and knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve with additional pancake syrup, if desired
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment